Click Here to Apply from SBI
Headquartered in Mumbai, SBI is the leading financial institution of India providing plethora of services to NRI. This page provides detailed information about SBI NRI account, SBI NRE account, how to operate SBI NRI account online, from where to get SBI NRI account form and document to be submitted for opening SBI NRI account. It is essential to remember that this bank boasts of highest number of SBI NRI bank account.
A Checklist for SBI NRI Account Opening
Following factors should be kept in mind for SBI NRI account opening:
• For opening SBI NRI account an individual needs to be an Indian CITIzen of a Foreign Nationals having an Indian origin but had been staying outside for purpose of business or employment.
• SBI NRI account/SBI NRE account owners should have been staying out of India for an indefinite time. Generally to open SBI bank NRI account or SBI NRE account a person should have stayed in India for not more than 182 days in one financial year.
• For SBI NRI account opening, an individual need to download SBI NRI account form from the website or get SBI NRI account form from the nearest bank branch. SBI NRI account form then needs to be filled with care. SBI NRI account form need to be submitted with the complete set of document asked for opening SBI NRI account.
• You need to submit a copy of your passport along with the residence or visa permit for SBI NRI account opening. You also need to submit 2 photographs along with relevant documents for opening SBI NRI account. The signed SBI bank NRI account form has to be submitted at Notary, Indian Embassy or any SBI foreign office. The signatures on SBI NRI bank account/SBI NRE account are verified by professionals at these institutes.
• NRIs have the option to select from and open varied types of SBI NRI accounts. Some of the NRI account in SBI that can be opened are savings SBI NRE account, current SBI NRI account, Ordinary SBI bank NRI account also known as NRO SBI NRI bank account and SBI NRE account/SBI NRI accounts holders can even enjoy fixed deposit schemes.
Different Features of NRI Account in SBI
NRI account in SBI is popular because of the various facilities that come with SBI NRI accounts. Ease of opening SBI NRI account along with special assistance which every customer gets after SBI NRI account opening makes them really likable. Here are some features of SBI NRI accounts:
• One can open SBI NRI account with Indian Rupees. SBI NRI bank account holder can also create a fixed deposit in Indian rupees. FCNR SBI NRI accounts can be used to deposit US Dollars, Sterling Pounds, Euro, Canadian Dollars, Japanese Yen and Australian Dollar.
• SBI NRI bank account could also be opened jointly. But the co-applicant of SBI bank NRI account should also be a non resident Indian.
• You can also declare a nominee for NRI accound in SBI. This can be done by filling a DAI form which has to be submitted with other documents while applying for SBI NRI account.
• NRI account in SBI can be operated by a person residing in India provided you provide them with Power of Attorney. Alternatively, you can even operate SBI NRI account online.
• All the funds available in SBI bank NRI account are repatriable. Also money available in NRI accound in SBI can be used for taking loans.
• SBI NRI account online makes it easier for the customers to download forms for SBI NRI accounts. SBI NRI account online also makes it easier for the customers to do fund transfer or create a fix deposit.
Equipped with all the knowledge about SBI NRI bank account and all the SBI NRI account online services think about making investment in the country of your birth.